Friday, November 19, 2010

Editing Wikipedia

Yes I edited a Wikipedia page! Go to this cite and look under the "History" section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Delta_Chi

See that part about the largest chapter of ADX being at the University of Colorado at Boulder (with a hyperlink to the school's wiki page) yah that was all me! I was surprised by who simple it was to go to edit page, type in what you wanted to say, and then hit post and your opinion on a subject is immediately posted for the world to see. Although the monitors of the site might take down what you say just as fast as you but it up there is nothing stopping your from doing it again and again! I always what that Wikipedia was a fairly reliable source but after being able to edit it so freely it really makes me question its validity.

It is scary that I could edit something and regardless of if it is true or not someone could read it and believe it. I think that most intelligent people know that you should take whatever is on Wikipedia with a grain of salt but regardless it is still kind of freaky.

Needless to say, I am now an accomplished Wikipedia editor. I seriously want to go out and edit random pages now for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment